Sunday, February 27, 2011
Building Mossy Vale School,1943
From the name suggested by Harry Watts who lived south of the Petaigan River, Mossy Vale School District #5159 was formed in 1939. In 1943 the school was built on the west side of the Tote Road on land owned by Steve Matrice and Annie Morris (sec. 26) and later moved to Eldon and Joyce Adamson's northeast quarter (sec. 22) around the time the new road was put through in 1952.
Photo courtesy: E. Adamson